Posted by: admin Comments: 0 Post Date: June 6, 2017
- What Motivates you to get out
of your bed in the morning ? The day’s challenges, the responsibilities of being a good mother, wife and daughter irrespective of all my flaws, the drive to do every small task to my satisfaction and most importantly be happy at the end of the day
- Your most memorable moment with Mrs India 2017? There are moments in life where the belief people have in you makes you realize your own potential. A couple of Mrs India South 2017 contestants told me during the finale that they know for a fact that i have all that it takes to win the title. This unexpected gesture, their simple yet powerful words made it the most memorable and sweetest of moments
- If you can be swap a role of one person from Family who that would be and why? I have always seen and heard great things about my maternal grand mother. She was one of many children in her family, brilliant in academics and a go getter. Faced challenging times post her husband’s untimely death few years into their marriage. Being a widow in the 1960s with five mouths to feed (four very young kids), single handedly took over the family business and made it a success that it is even to this day. I would want to swap roles with her solely to understand the hardships, the agony, but at the same time, the satisfaction and happiness she must have felt about her achievements. She emerged as a leader, despite all the challenges the society and the business threw at her. No wonder my mother also is inspiration personified.
- What do you do when you are not working ? I spend time with my daughter, family, take care of their needs. I am a fitness enthusiast. Currently i am into Weight Training, Zumba, Crossfit, Muay Thai & Kick Boxing. I teach Zumba at studios, gyms. If You spend enough time with me, you will definitely hear me humming my favorite tunes no matter how busy i am. Music soothes me. Learning new art forms is also something i love. Right now i am learning Madhubani style of painting.
- How would you describe Yourself in one Word ? And Why ? A “Learner”. I think learning is a process that should never stop. I have never let Age, gender, society, challenges, personal problems stop me. I want to reach my full potential and learning is the best and the only way that i know how to do things.
- Who inspires you and why ? To me she is a celebrity, a great human being and a role model whose achievements are mind boggling- the Magnificent Mary, Mary Kom. From humble beginnings to being a world boxing champion at an age where women never dream of re-starting their career, leave alone a boxing career, shows what an incredible woman she is with a lioness’ heart. She to me is the definition of Role Model. That insane and commendable level of commitment and hard work is something I dream to work towards and achieve some day.
- What is your favorite Quote and why ? “As we think, so shall you be! “. These seven little words of a proverb made me realize that when you think all day about how you want to be , it manifests itself eventually. The choice is always ours.
- What is Your Favorite Outfit ? Obviously my fitness wear. Sets the mood for the day! Makes me feel fit inside out.
- If your want to go on Vacation what would be your plan. A vacation to me means relaxation, enjoyment and adventure. My vacation always has a water element to it. Being a coastal person, travelling to the beaches is my favorite with all the water sports to quench the thirst for adventure. I do enjoy islands too. Scooba diving being my absolute love. Makes you feel one with sea life. No vacation would feel complete without some me time and my fitness routines. Finally, if the vacation plan was without the rest of my family and if it could end at my home in Mangalore, then nothing like it. It would be the vacation after the vacation.
- What is your spiritual practice I have been following my mothers advice. I follow it every day no matter where i am. I spend 5 mins all alone by myself in a quite place, be thankful for all that i have and think about things and people that make me happy.
Mrs India 2017 finalist